About Xioustic Computer Services
Xioustic Computer Services is the contracting entity owned and operated by Christian Ferrier established in 2004.
In the early days, the primary focus was on helping consumers and small businesses establish a presence online. This included design and development of simple websites, CMS (primarily Wordpress), e-commerce stores and business portals.
More recently, specialization includes rapid prototyping of applications that optimize or automate business processes. A heavy emphasis is placed on the use of open-source software when possible.
The bulk of time with clients is usually spent on feasability study over new technology stacks and security concerns over legacy deployments.
- Backend: Node.js (+Express), Python (+PyQt, Scrapy), Meteor, Bash Script, PHP5 (+Wordpress, Drupal), Erlang (+ejabberd)
- SysAdmin: Windows Server 2008-2012, Most Linux Environments (LPIC-1 Certified)
- VCS: Git (+Github, Gitlab), Hg / Mercurial (+RedMine)
- SQL: MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- NoSQL: Redis, MongoDB
- Virtualization/Containers: Vagrant, VirtualBox, KVM, Docker
- Cryptography: TrueCrypt / VeraCrypt, DM-Crypt / Cryptsetup / LUKS, GPG / PGP
- Special Interests: Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency, IPFS, BTSync
About This Site
- Built using Jekyll
- Theme based on BlackDoc, Poole, the Jekyll butler, and the Hyde theme
- Source available at https://github.com/xioustic/xioustic.github.io